Inviting judges to a hackathon is an essential step in ensuring the success of the hackathon and delegating judging tasks. Here are some steps to consider as you plan on inviting judges to your hackathon:
Define the criteria for judging: Determine what you want the judges to evaluate, such as impact, innovation, design, and implementation of the projects. Clear criteria will help you identify the right judges for your event and who to attach to each challenge.
Identify potential judges: Look for experts in the field who have experience in the areas covered by the tracks of your hackathon and who can provide valuable insights and feedback to the participants.
Provide clear guidelines and expectations: Provide clear guidelines and expectations for the judges, clear instructions on the judging process, the criteria for judging, and any other important information. This will help ensure that the judges are prepared and understand what is expected of them.
- It is recommended that 2-3 judges are assigned to each challenge.
- Judges can be external and are not required to be part of the organizing or co-sponsor Guidls.
By following these steps, you can create a well-rounded panel of experts who can provide valuable feedback and insights to the participants of your hackathon.
How do I Invite a Judge to the Hackathon?
To invite a Judge to your hackathon, follow these simple steps:
Navigate to your Hackathon Dashboard
- Log into https://app.buidlbox.io
- Navigate to the top left and select your Guidl
- From your Guidl Dashboard, go to “Sponsored by" (your Guidl)
- select your hackathon
2. Navigate to the "Judges" tab on the Hackathon dashboard and select "Add Judge",
3. Enter their email address. The judges will receive an invitation to the hackathon via the email address associated with their buidlbox.io account.
- Note: Judges do not need to be part of your organization/Guidl to receive a judge invite.
3. All judges must create a buidlbox account to accept their judging invite. Once they create their account, they will see a Judging invite in the “Invites” section of their User dashboard.
4. You may add as many judges as you want to the hackathon by repeating steps 1 and 2.
Check the status of the Judging Invites
To review the status of invitations sent to judges, navigate to the "Judges" tab and click "View All" dropdown. Here, you can easily view both "Invite Accepted" and "Invite Pending" invitations, providing you with a clear overview of judges' responses and allowing for seamless event coordination.
Edit and Update the Judges Profile
You can further customize the judges profile and how the information will display on the hackathon Landing page.
To do so, you can click on the Judges name under "Judges" tab in hackathon dashboard and enter the Judges Display Name and Judges Display title. To display this information on the landing page toggle ON the "Display on landing page" button.
How do I Assign Judges to Challenges?
Before you can assign judges, they must accept your judging invite first.
Once your judges have accepted their judging invite, you can add them to challenges.
1. Navigate to Challenges tab on the hackathon dashboard.
Under the Judging section of the Challenge, from the drop down menu, select the judge you want to assign to that challenge.
2. Continue by completing the Judging Criteria and the rest of the fields for the challenge, then click "Save"
3. Your challenges have to be accepted by the hackathon organizers prior to being published on the landing page.
Note: Adding judges is not possible after the judging period has ended. The judging process is time-sensitive and requires a thorough and fair assessment of all the submissions within a designated timeframe. Once the submissions period has concluded, no further modifications can be made to this process.