Collaborate with other organizations on your hackathon! Co-Sponsors will have access to the hackathon dashboard and they will be able to create challenges for the hackathon buidlers, add judges, view projects, add events and select winners for their own challenges!
What is a Co-sponsor in a hackathon?
On buidlbox.io, a co-sponsor in a hackathon is an organization, company, or project that partners with the hackathon primary Sponsor/ Organizer to support and organize the hackathon. Co-sponsors play a significant role in the success of the hackathon by providing various forms of support, including:
- Bounties and prizes: Co-sponsors may create and fund bounties or prizes on buidlbox.io for specific challenges or tasks related to their technology, platform, or project goals. This encourages participants to develop innovative solutions and fosters engagement with the co-sponsors technology or ecosystem.
- Technical expertise: Co-sponsors can offer technical guidance, mentorship, and subject matter expertise to participants during the hackathon. They may host webinars, workshops, or Q&A sessions to help participants better understand the technology or tools involved in the challenges.
- Promotion and marketing: Co-sponsors can help further promote the hackathon event through their networks, social media channels, and other marketing platforms to attract diverse participants and increase visibility for their projects.
- Resources and tools: Co-sponsors may provide access to essential tools, software, documentation, or other resources that participants may require during the hackathon.
- Judges and mentors: Co-sponsors can contribute professionals from their organization to serve as judges for evaluating projects or as mentors to guide and support participants throughout the event.
Co-sponsors on buidlbox.io can benefit from increased exposure, community engagement, and the opportunity to drive innovation in their industry or field.
Note: Co-sponsors are not able to initiate the creation of hackathons. To create a hackathon, the co-sponsor guidelines require purchasing a hackathon plan (Paper or Diamond) on buidlbox.
How to invite a co-Sponsor to your hackathon
This easy process allows you to broaden your hackathon's support network swiftly and efficiently.
Follow these simple steps to invite potential co-sponsors for collaboration and support during your hackathon.
Note: Only the Organizing Admin(s) can invite co-sponsors.
The organizing Admin can navigate to the 'Sponsor' tab on the Hackathon dashboard and click the '+' symbol under the 'Add Sponsor' section.
You will have the option to invite Internal Sponsors - sponsors that are already registered guidls on buidlbox - or External Sponsors - organizations not yet registered and without a guild account on buidlbox.
Internal sponsors are already registered on buidlbox and can be invited immediately. To send out an invite to the sponsor, select the organization from the dropdown menu under "Select a Guidl", you can include a personalized message or additional details regarding the event and its requirements and then click “Add Sponsor”.
The invited sponsor (guidls' admin-to-be) accepts the sponsor invite.
The guidl will only be able to be a sponsor on the hackathon if they are explicitly invited. To host a hackathon, they must opt for a Paper or Diamond Hackathon plan.
External sponsors are organizations not registered on buidlbox and do not have a guild reflected under the "Internal Sponsor" guidl list. To send out an invite to an external sponsor follow these simple steps:
- add the email address of the person that will be an admin to their guidl
- include the Organisation's name
- you can opt to include a message to them or any additional information about the event requirements, etc
- click “Add Sponsor”
The sponsor will receive an email to the email address provided in the form. To accept the invite the sponsor is required to follow these steps:
- create a buidler account on buidlbox
- accept the sponsor invite by navigating to User Dashboard > Invites > Accept Invite
- Click "create a new guidl"under Guidl at the top right corner of the user dashboard (see below)